Console Programmer with 2+ years of C++ experience and strong math skills
Join us in Denmark and help us port next generation AAA and AA projects for all platforms. If you have C++ skills, combined with good math - and rendering pipeline knowledge, you are probably the one we are looking for.
Who are we?
Maybe you have already played some of our games, such as Rise of the Triad, Rad Rodgers, and most recently Ion Fury, GRAVEN and WRATH: Aeon of Ruin, released under our publishing label 3D Realms. We are fans of old school action and strategy with multiple titles in development and we are soon beginning development on a new AAA title.
We are looking for console programmers who can help us bring several of our internal titles onto the consoles and also upgrade the backbone of our console department. We have many different tasks to dive into, so there will definitely be something exciting no matter what you are interested in and which platform you prefer. We are also about to embark on a journey, developing a new game based on a very well known IP.
The job includes:
- Producing optimized code, for next generation platforms, and some legacy work on old generation platforms.
- Manage priorities together with the senior porting programmer.
- Optimizing and fixing builds using our preferred engine, Unreal but also some custom engines and Unity.
- Low level programming and debugging of old unoptimized builds.
- Optimizing our porting pipelines together with our team to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Co-develop titles with our internal teams so that we can reach good performance across multiple platforms. Either by providing feedback and reports to the development team or by tweaking code and doing optimizations directly in the engine.
There’s a huge opportunity to grow if you are interested, as we are a growing organization with people spread across multiple countries and timezones.
The bulk of your work will be in our studio in Aalborg, Denmark. You will refer directly to the senior porting programmer and be part of the porting group. Slipgate is characterized by Danish working culture, a flat organization with a high team spirit, where we get excited about new ideas no matter who brings them up and work-life balance is important to many of us.
Who are you?
You are probably a computer scientist or software engineer with C ++ programming skills and knowledge about 3D graphics principles or rendering pipelines. Your math skills are good and you have genuine interest in console development and optimizations.
As we are mostly working with Unreal, it is beneficial that you have some knowledge about the engine and how to tweak it. You probably have a minimum of 2 years of experience touching some of these subjects and working with consoles, but we are open for suggestions.
In our office in Denmark
Expected starting date:
Permanent contract / Full Time
Level of experience:
How to apply:
send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
, including a link to your portfolio or any other type of document(s) which you think might underline your background and work experience